Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tomato Soup with ham 'noodles', cheddar cheese & english muffins


Delicious! I heated leftover tomato sauce and chicken stock, poured over ham "noodles". I used rosemary ham deli slices and sliced them into thin ribbons or "noodles".

Added two toasted buttered english muffins as dippers - my favorite way to eat english muffins.


I garnished the soup with chunks of that horrible but wonderfully salty processed cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro. It was a great, easily digestible lunch with enough freshness and protein to nourish me for a busy afternoon.

Overall, the flavors were similar to mexican food, but in an asian lunch-soup style. Kind of weird but good. Kids might like it, although some of my kids' friends would look at me funny if I served it to them! (Other friends are used to our crazy eating habits ;)