Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Egg Salad and Corn Soup

Today's lunch is egg salad: two hardboiled eggs, diced on the egg slicer (cut, turn, cut), walla walla onions diced really small, and a healthy dollop of mayo. The raw onion adds the sharpness of salt (there's no salt in this dish) and because it's diced so small, it's not overwhelming. I didn't use much - maybe one or two slices off the onion. Add in a diced avo, stir and crack some pepper over top.

Got some long-simmering soup on the stove. While prepping lunch I threw a ziplock of frozen chicken stock in a pot to thaw. (Of course I removed the bag first) Added in some fresh corn I had frozen because no one ate the leftovers.

I'm about to toss in some fresh corn too; the rest of that not-very-sweet corn from the Valley. Guess last week was a little early for corn. It's probably going to be very sweet in a couple of weeks. We've had such a hot dry summer - can't wait to taste the peaches & cream corn!